U.S. Troops on Site of Syria Deadly Blast

54

U.S. troops were at the scene of a bomb attack claimed by Islamic State that killed U.S. troops in northern Syria on Wednesday, Jan. 16.
The death toll in an attack on U.S. and coalition troops in the northern Syrian town of Manbij is rising, with the bombing raising questions about what happens once U.S. forces pull out for good.
The attack came weeks after U.S. President Donald Trump said the group had been defeated there and that he would pull out all American forces.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Wednesday’s bombing, claimed by the Islamic State terror group, has left 20 dead, including five U.S. troops.
Unnamed U.S. officials had previously said four U.S. soldiers had been killed in the attack, with another three wounded.

https://www.voanews.com/a/islamic-state-claims-deadly-attack-in-syria-s-manbij-/4745363.html

one-news